Friday, March 1, 2013

Project Linus




This past November my daughter Addison became very ill and we were in the PICU at Renown Hospital in Reno for about a week. With in the first 10 minutes of arriving at Renown she was given a beautiful handmade crocheted blanket from Project Linus. It was purple, soft and so full of comfort. Having this blanket seemed to make the whole experience that much easier. Being able to snuggle up with it not only made her feel more at ease but also my husband and I. It was like having a big hug from someone who cares.  She took it with her to MRI's, X-Rays, MRA's and many other test.



Now we are back home and Addisyn has made a full recovery. She is very much a typical 2 year old and our little miracle.  


Since this wonderful gift has given us so much comfort and means so very much to us, I have decide that I am going to become a "Blanketeer" and give back to this wonderful foundation.  
So during the month of March for every 3 orders I receive on my Facebook Page or my Etsy Shop I will donate a blanket.  
Please spread the word about this foundation. They are always in need of volunteers and donations of both blankets and monitory.


1 comment:

  1. I would like to donate to this cause, please make 2 blankets and I will pay you for your time and your materials. That will be my way of saying thank you and giving that same comfort we felt during that time, to someone else going through a similar experience! Thank you for thinking of that Shari, I am so very proud and thankful for you all! Love, Aunt Sue XO

    ReplyDelete